further for something to do when living in Meriwether County. Rich with history,
you can visit our museums, swim the lakes, hike, camp, fish and more.
Below is a partial list of places to visit in our county. Please visit our
Meriwether County Tourism Web for
more information and free visitors guides.
- Lake Meriwether, 150 acre lake for fishing. Camping and picnicking
grounds, Lake Meriwether Road, Woodbury.
- Big Red Oak Plantation Hunting Preserve, guided hunts, non-guided
hunts, dog trainer, guide is a certified hunter safety instructor, lodge with
home cooked meals, fishing, rifle, skeet and trap ranges, Located on Alt Hwy
109, Gay, Georgia, (706) 538-6870.
- Pebblebrook Golf Club, 9 hole, 72-par golf course nestled on 150
acres in Meriwether County beneath beautiful Pine Mountain and only ten
minutes from Warm Springs. This 6322-yard course is a public club with a
large practice green and excellent driving range. 8:30 AM until dark, 7 days a
week. 1116 Pebblebrook Road, Woodbury, (706) 846-3809
- Roosevelt Memorial Golf Course, 9 hole, public course, Donald Ross
course built in 1926, reservations preferred for week-ends, daily fees, 8:00
AM until dark. Located on the grounds of the Roosevelt Warm Springs
Institute off of Hwy 27/41, Warm Springs, (706) 655-5230.
- Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute Center for Therapeutic Recreation,
bowling, basketball, weight lifting and training room, in-door swimming,
membership required, Warm Springs, (706) 655-5000.
- Woodbury Tennis Courts, 2 lighted tennis courts available to
public. Located on Main Street, Woodbury.
- Dolly Madison Field, youth baseball field, playground, picnic
tables, 4th Street, Manchester.
- Harmon Field, softball field, 2
tennis courts, indoor basketball court, playground, picnic tables, 4th
- Callaway Field, youth and high school baseball field which is
shared with the Manchester High School. Newly renovated recreation building,
ballfield, basketball gym, pool, football/soccer field and 5 baseball fields.
Perry Street, Manchester. (706) 846-3741.
- Walking Tracks, 2 lighted tracks. One on 4th Avenue,
Manchester, located at City Pond has picnic tables under a covered shelter
with park benches around the track. The pond is open to the public for
fishing. Another walking track is located on Callaway Street, Manchester
around the mill pond. A gazebo and park benches around the track. The mill
pond is also open to the public for fishing.
- Warm Springs City Field,
currently a baseball field, in the fall of
2000 a soccer field, walking track, sand volley ball court and pavilion will
be added. Warm Springs, (706) 655-3812.
- Warm Springs Regional Fisheries Center and Aquarium, picnic
tables, fish hatchery ponds, aquarium open to the public, Fish Health
Laboratory, and Fish Technology Development. Aquarium hours 8 AM to 4 PM
daily. The Aquarium is closed on federal holidays. Warm Springs, Georgia
- FDRíS Little White House, FDRís six-room house completed in 1932
for $8,738.14. Visitors will see his original furnishing, including a
wheelchair FDR designed himself using a kitchen chair. Roosevelt loved the
sea and decorated with a nautical theme that includes model ships and a unique
door knocker. The unfinished portrait on display, FDRís two classic
cars, memorial fountain, walk of states, museum, and film are among the
historical scenes at the Little White House. 401 Little White House
Road, Warm Springs, GA, (706) 655-5870,
www.gastateparks.org, Open 9 AM Ė 5 PM EST daily.
- F. D. Roosevelt State Park, Georgiaís largest state park offering
camping, cottages, hiking, fishing, and swimming. Located south of Pine
Mountain off U.S. Hwy 27. (706) 663-4858.
- Flint River Outdoor Center, guided canoe trips ( reservations
only), tube trips, rafting, lodge camping & RV sites, pool, game room,
fishing & supplies, and convenience store. Open weekends April thru October,
Daily - Memorial Day to Labor Day, other times by reservation. 4429 Woodland
Road, GA Hwy 36 at Flint River, Thomaston, (706) 647-2633.
Contact Jane Fryer, Executive Director
17234 Roosevelt Hwy, Bldg. B
Greenville, GA 30222
Phone: (706) 672-3467 Fax 706-672-4465